Calls for Artists
FIBER AS METAPHOR
Event Dates: May 17-31, 2019
Entry Deadline: March 30, 2019
- Fiber artists from anywhere in the United States are eligible to submit their work.
- Work must be original fiber art created within the past three years.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited in Santa Fe, NM.
- Work must be for sale.
- Work sold during the exhibit must remain at the gallery until the show closes, unless otherwise agreed to by galleryFRITZ.
- Submissions must be made through CaFÉ, to be received by MARCH 30, 2019. DO NOT contact galleryFRITZ.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $25.00 must accompany a submission through CaFÉ.
- Three images of up to three pieces may be submitted. Images must be high resolution (minimum width 6”, 1800px, at 300 dpi), to be accepted. Photographs must be in a print-quality format as a catalog will accompany the exhibit. If a photograph is not print-quality, the work may not appear in the exhibit catalog.
- Images in JPG, PNG or TIFF format must be labeled with the artist’s name, title of work, and year of creation.
- Include a biography—200 words maximum.
- Include an artist’s statement concerning how the work responds to the theme—200 words maximum. The statement may be excerpted for exhibit purposes.
- List the sale price (galleryFRITZ’s commission is 50 percent of the sale price).
- Grant permission to reproduce work for publicity (a form will be sent with the acceptance notification).
EVFAC will announce which works were accepted for the exhibit on April 15, 2019. At least 50 percent of the work in the exhibit will be from New Mexico artists. This exhibition is a collaborative event sponsored by galleryFRITZ and Espanola Valley Fiber Arts Center (EVFAC), and will be shown at galleryFRITZ. (540 S. Guadalupe Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501) GalleryFRITZ is promoting the exhibition, while EVFAC is handling organizational details.
Don't have a Site? No problem.
Below are opportunities for individual artists to show your work during the New Mexico Fiber Crawl.
- Vendors wanted at EVFAC in Española May 17 - 19, 2019! If you would like to be a vendor at one of the Crawl's best attended sites, take a look at the EVFAC Artist Application form. If you have questions or would like to paricipate as a volunteer, please email the email@example.com.
CALL FOR VENDORS!
2019 “Earth Threads” Art Exhibit
The City of Albuquerque Open Space Visitor Center (6500 Coors Blvd) is opening a call for vendors at their space, for Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19, during the 2019 New Mexico Fiber Crawl.
Download the requirements and application, here!