R.B. Burnham Rug Auction
May 18, 2019
The Burnham Trading Post, noted for encouragement of innovation and quality in Native American textiles, presents its first Las Vegas Rug Auction!
The auction will be led by auctioneersfrom RB Burnham & Co Trading Post. Bruce Burnham and his family are well known for their work in trading Native art of the four corners area for five generations. Bruce has been a trader to the Navajo for over forty years and is also the auctioneer for The Hubbell Trading Post in Ganado, Arizona and many other non-profit fundraiser auctions. He and his wife Virginia, along with their daughter Sheri own and operate the RB Burnham Trading Post and Collector’s Gallery in Sanders, Arizona, in the Navajo Newlands. The Burnham family is known for their encouragement of innovation and quality of Navajo Textiles and their expertise in buying, selling, and trading has earned them respect of area collectors and peers nationwide. More information on the Burnham family can be found on their website www.rbburnhamtrading.com
- All items entered into the auction have a protected minimum set by the weaver/consignor
- Weaver/consignor receives 80% of the final bid price
- “Estimation” values will be provided and represent the amount items shouldsell for with active bidding; the opening bid is not published but will be lower
- Sizes listed in the catalog are given for informational purposes and are not guaranteed to be exact
- Rugs not sold can be purchased immediately after the auction at the opening bid plus 10%(buyers premium)
- All sales are subject to a 10% buyers premium: eg a $300 rug will be $330 at check out (plus local sales tax on the initial $300)
- If you bid, you buy. Retracting bids will not be allowed once the item has been deemed sold by the auctioneer
Other Common FAQ’s:
• RB Burnham & Co are members of the Certified Appraisers Guild of America (CAGA)
• Auctioneer/Clerk/Appriasers: Bruce Burnham, Sheri Burnham, Austin Burnham, Kary Dunham, Hank Blair.
• Inventory is consigned by a variety of sources; weavers, dealers, estates, private collectors. RBBTP guarantees the authenticity of all items offered for sale.
• Auction will consist of 250-275 items, lasting approximately 3 hours.
• Appraisal clinic is an informal, verbal evaluation for educational purposes only. Full written appraisal reports are an additional fee.
• RBBTP accepts consignments from the general public for future auction/events only. No consignments will be accepted for the current auction.
Registration for the auction is FREE, there is NO ADMISSION to attend either event.