How to apply to the 2019 New Mexico Fiber Crawl:
- Submit a completed application below by February 15, 2019.
- Remit the non-refundable application fee of $15 to EVFAC by February 15, 2019.
- Upon acceptance, remit the remaining participation fee to EVFAC by March 15, 2019. (Sites: $75, Hub: $175)
Site and Hub requirements:
- Sites must promote the wealth of fiber arts diversity that exists in New Mexico.
- Sites have to remain open throughout the Fiber Crawl which includes Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Sites should have the space to accommodate a minimum of 5-10 people at one time.
- Locality (rooms, workshops, studios, etc.) on the site should be handicap accessible as much as possible. Parking spots should be clearly marked. Access to bathrooms should be offered.
- Sites are responsible for insuring their sites and are fully liable for any incident that may occur on their premise. EVFAC waives all liability and will not be held accountable for any incident that may happen during the Fiber Crawl.
- Sites should organize an educational event such as an artist demonstration, book signing or other small project that will take place throughout the crawl. Sites can choose any number of artists to show their work, sell and demonstrate. Based on experience sites that include more artists and offer special events draw more visitors and have higher sales.
- Each site should distribute the official promotional materials prior to the event at their location, through local businesses, and through thier networks and mailing lists.
- Collect and submit data for each day, such as: visitor numbers, number of passports given out, and sales amount associated with the Fiber Crawl customers. Data sheet will be provided by EVFAC.
- Hubs will act as main locations where information about the entire Fiber Crawl can be obtained. Hubs must encourage participants to make as many stops as possible, through sharing information about other hubs, sites and events, offering maps, and directing them to next hub. Hubs will benefit from highlighted events and location on the New Mexico Fiber Crawl Website and some joint advertising.
For even more informtation visit the For Sites page.