How to apply to the 2019 New Mexico Fiber Crawl:
- Review the requirements and submit a completed online application below by April 15, 2019.
Be sure your browser is up to date.
- Remit the non-refundable application fee of $15 online by April 15, 2019.
- Upon acceptance, remit the remaining participation fee to EVFAC by April 30, 2019. (Sites: $75, Site+: $175)
- Sites must promote the wealth of fiber arts diversity that exists in New Mexico.
- Sites have to remain open throughout the New Mexico Fiber Crawl which includes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (May 17, 18, and 19) from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Sites should have the space to accommodate a minimum of 5-10 people at one time.
- Rooms, workshops, studios, etc., at the site should be handicap accessible as much as possible. Parking spots should be clearly marked. Access to bathrooms should be offered.
- Sites are responsible for insuring their sites and are fully liable for any incident that may occur on their premises.
- Sites are encouragedto organize an event such as an artist demonstration, book signing, or other project that will take place throughout the crawl. Sites can choose any number of artists to show their work, sell, and demonstrate. Based on our past experience, sites that include more artists and offer special events, draw more visitors, and have higher sales.
- Sites are not required to hold a raffle; however, if you chose to do so, please let the Española Valley Fiber Arts Center know, and make a reference to it in your description of the site. You can revise your description as you make more detailed plans. Sites with raffles and more detailed descriptions garner more visitors.
- Each site is urged distribute the official promotional materials prior to the event at their location, through local businesses, and through their networks and mailing lists.
- Collect and submit data for each day, such as visitor numbers, number of passports given out, and sales amount associated with the New Mexico Fiber Crawl customers. Data sheet will be provided by EVFAC.
- A Site+ is a highlighted stop on the Fiber Crawl. The benefits of being a Site+ are highlighted placement on the New Mexico Fiber Crawl website, some joint advertising opportunities with sponsors, and other participating sites, increased visibility and a higher number of visitors.
For more information, visit the For Sites page.