Sites & Events
Las Tejedoras Fiber Arts Guild: Hub
Held at El Museo Cultural De Santa Fe
555 Camino de la Familia
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Las Tejedoras Fiber Arts Guild is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 based in Santa Fe. The guild will host the Santa Fe hub for the Fiber Crawl at El Museo Cultural. This hub will feature an exhibit of invitational and juried works from fiber artists across New Mexico. The kick-off party on Friday night will feature the exhibit. There will be demos, vendors and refreshments. Saturday and Sunday demonstrators will be instructing the public on various facets of the fiber arts. The hub will also feature 12 to 15 vendors with handcrafted items for sale.
Friday, May 12, 2017: Opening Kick-Off Party
5:30-7:30pm, Free and open to the Public
Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14, 2017
10:00am-5:00pm, Free and open to the Public
• Enjoy the Juried Exhibit of works by talented fiber artists.
• Visit the Invitational Exhibit featuring works of fiber artists from throughout New Mexico.
• Shop and browse vendors’ booths selling a variety of handwoven, knitted, crocheted and other hand crafted items!
• Watch weaving, spinning, knitting, and felting demonstrations.
• Ask for a free New Mexico Fiber Crawl Passport and have it stamped.
• Enter the hub’s free raffle for a handwoven original design scarf valued at $100.
• Get information and maps on the 20 Santa Fe Sites featuring artists’ studios, alpaca ranches, handmade clothing boutiques, yarn shops, galleries and museums.
• Throughout the New Mexico Fiber Crawl weekend, wander through Santa Fe and enjoy the many sculptures that are fiber bombed with colorful hats, scarves, and amusing creations.
Location and Space
El Museo Cultural de Santa Fe is located at the Railyard, across from the Farmer's Market. There is ample public parking in the area.
Hand woven scarf, original design in fine tencel, woven by Virginia Lee. Value of $100.
Site Raffle Prize